[darcs-users] darcs patch: Import cabalisation: Setup.lhs, darcs.ca... (and 13 more)
eric.kow at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 13:02:15 UTC 2008
It seems we all agree that /some/ form of Cabalisation is a good thing to have
in the official darcs repository. This is what I believe to be the form of
cabalisation that everybody can live with.
With these patches, cabal configure and cabal build configure and build darcs
respectively using franchise as the build method. This allows us to use
franchise's checking for C libraries, while providing metadata to integrate with
cabal-install and to help automatic distro packaging tools. The package
dependency information is on a purely advisory basis; it is ignored by franchise.
* Dependency information is ignored, and is provided on a purely advisory basis
* I disabled building the documentation for now because I would find setup
hanging (?) on a pdfetex step
* I left the Cabal setup script (as Setup-cabal.lhs) because I think there is
some functionality we ought to use from it.
* Unfortunately, cabal-install passes the -i flag to ghc, with no arguments,
when building setup.hs. This means that getting a Distribution.Darcs module
to work with cabal-install may be tricky. It's not essential, but it could
have kept the franchise setup.hs tidy, and also facilitated sharing with the
parallel Cabalisation effort
* The cabalisation branch version controls the Autoconf.lhs and parameterises
it with flags. This seems to be a nice alternative to regenerating it.
Perhaps we could adapt setup.hs accordingly?
The patches mostly come from Petr and Ganesh's cabalisation branch. It's missing
their Workaround stuff, and has a couple of very minor changes from my end.
Fri Aug 29 11:23:34 BST 2008 me at mornfall.net
* Import cabalisation: Setup.lhs, darcs.cabal and replacement Autoconf.lhs and Context.hs.
Fri Aug 29 12:05:27 BST 2008 me at mornfall.net
* Add Workaround, Autoconf and Context to darcs.cabal module list.
Fri Aug 29 12:24:02 BST 2008 me at mornfall.net
* Add missing type signatures to Autoconf.lhs: darcs_version, datadir.
Sat Sep 6 09:44:07 BST 2008 Eric Kow <E.Y.Kow at brighton.ac.uk>
* Remove FileSystem from cabal other-modules.
This was removed from the darcs source recently.
Sat Sep 6 18:25:04 BST 2008 me at mornfall.net
* Move runTests' into a where clause, as run, in Setup.lhs.
Sat Sep 6 18:27:25 BST 2008 me at mornfall.net
* Add functionality similar to determine_release_state.pl to Setup.lhs.
Sat Sep 6 18:29:12 BST 2008 me at mornfall.net
* Produce a ThisVersion.hs in Setup.lhs, under dist/build/autogen.
Sat Sep 6 18:29:17 BST 2008 me at mornfall.net
* Implement rudimentary (but working) sdist target for Cabal.
Sun Sep 7 17:35:41 BST 2008 me at mornfall.net
* Refactor the -D flag handling in cabal a little.
We now pass -DPACKAGE_VERSION and -DDARCS_VERSION in Setup.lhs, inferred from
releaseState. We now only have 2 places where version data is stored for cabal
-- one is tags or (automatically generated) release/distributed-version, the
second is the cabal file itself.
Sun Sep 7 18:14:08 BST 2008 me at mornfall.net
* Build Context.hs in Setup.lhs as well: we now have darcs --exact-version, too.
Sun Sep 7 19:46:26 BST 2008 me at mornfall.net
* The first time we run config, there's no dist/build/autogen: create it.
Mon Sep 8 11:20:44 BST 2008 me at mornfall.net
* Warn about differing cabal/from-repo versions in sdist.
Sat Oct 18 10:15:30 BST 2008 Eric Kow <E.Y.Kow at brighton.ac.uk>
* Disable building pdflatex docs in setup.hs for now.
cabal build seems to hang on the pdfetex unless I do this.
Sat Oct 18 13:39:36 BST 2008 Eric Kow <E.Y.Kow at brighton.ac.uk>
* Move Setup.lhs to Setup-cabal.lhs
This is to avoid clashing with franchise's setup.hs
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 96018 bytes
Desc: A darcs patch for your repository!
Url : http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/darcs-users/attachments/20081018/3c4b5473/attachment-0001.bin
More information about the darcs-users