[darcs-users] Ignored resources.

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sun Oct 19 11:38:51 UTC 2008

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 01:03:47 +0600, Lavir the Whiolet wrote:
> Yes, it's true. E. g., I want to pull "Resources" directory but I do
> not want to pull "Resources/Films" directory (which may have size of
> some terabytes while my laptop has less than 300 GB of disk space).

If your patches that affect Resources/Films are distinct from the ones
that affect Resources, you could in principle select patches like
--match 'not touch Resources/Films' (see darcs help --match; also my
syntax my not be exactly right).

On the other hand, using darcs to manage terabytes of data is probably
not a good idea at the moment.  Perhaps something like rsync or
Unison is what you are looking for?

Cheers,