[darcs-users] darcs patch: Import cabalisation: Setup.lhs, darcs.ca... (and 13 more)

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Sun Oct 19 13:05:24 UTC 2008

On Oct 19, 2008, at 5:30 AM, Eric Kow wrote:

> Cabal files exist to make packaging darcs easier: cabal-install,
> MacPorts, Debian, RedHat, ArchLinux, Gentoo, Cygwin all could benefit
> from having a single reference point for our Haskell package
> dependency
> information.

Sounds like you are on the right track, Eric.  Write down our
dependency information in the most widely understood machine-readable
format we can find, the better to communicate among potential
packagers, users, developers, etc..

I know next to nothing about the technical details of the cabal
format, but since it is the de facto standard for Haskell
programmers, then it is obviously the right language to speak in to
communicate with them.

Regards,

Zooko
---