[darcs-users] darcs patch: resolve issue784: fix file handle leak and check for exceptions on process running.

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Mon Oct 20 06:50:13 UTC 2008

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 11:45 PM, Salvatore Insalaco <kirby81 at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2008/10/20 Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>:
> > The windows build is also possible with cabal without mingw and cygwin
> but
> > the necessary changes were never accepted to the darcs.net repository.
>
> I tried using darcs-cabalized from hackage, but it didn't work: it
> wanted to install unix package on Windows.

That makes sense.  That cabalization still needs autotools.

Are the patches available somewhere?

I believe Petr  is the one with the most current copy of those changes.
I've added him to the CC so that may be can comment.  I admit, I lost the
URL again.

I've got my opinion on the "how-to-build-darcs" too, but I'll reserve
> it for another mail.

It seems everyone has a different opinion these days.  The important bit is
that you got it working. :)

Thanks,
Jason