[darcs-users] darcs patch: Do not use Perl test harness. (and 3 more)

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Mon Oct 20 16:24:14 UTC 2008

On Oct 20, 2008, at 9:20 AM, David Roundy wrote:

> Also because changes only hit the
> buildbot after I've run the tests and pushed them, which means you're
> adding to my workload when tests fail.

We really need to change the workflow from:

developer submits patch -> droundy reviews and commits it -> buildbot
tests it -> buildbot builds executables

to:

developer submits patch -> buildbot tests it -> droundy reviews and
commits it -> buildbot builds executables

Then the buildbot will be reducing droundy's workload rather than
adding to it, by giving him a legitimate excuse to ignore submissions
-- any patch which fails the buildbot tests goes back to the
developer instead of to droundy.

I haven't figured out exactly how to do this yet, but it is certainly
possible.  It's just a matter of how to hack it together and when I
(or someone) will get time to do so.

I don't know how things like the other patch reviewers, the unstable
branch, and nomeata's darcs patch tracker should fit into the
workflow outlined above.  Please speak up and let me know.

Regards,

Zooko
---
http://allmydata.org -- Tahoe, the Least-Authority Filesystem