[darcs-users] darcs patch: Add a template for building the darcs.ca... (and 1 more)

Eric Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 10:32:44 UTC 2008

Ok, here is the darcs.cabal patch in template form.

I'm really keen for darcs to work with cabal-install (even if we are using
franchise).  One mild cause for unhappiness in this patch is that doing a cabal
clean with destroy the cabal file!

To make things work, you have to first do
  runhaskell Setup configure
  cabal build
  cabal install

In the darcs darcs repository, you can't begin with cabal configure because the
darcs.cabal doesn't exist yet.  From a tarball, you would have a darcs.cabal to
work with.  Maybe we could make darcs.cabal somehow immune to cleaning?  Maybe
some sort of maintainer-clean target like we have in the Makefile?

Tue Oct 21 10:57:43 BST 2008  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Add a template for building the darcs.cabal file.
  This is slightly modified from Gwern Branwern's and Petr Rockai's
  cabalisation work.

Tue Oct 21 10:59:25 BST 2008  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Create the darcs.cabal file in franchise.