[darcs-users] enfranchising darcs! (update 1)

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Tue Oct 21 10:53:44 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 09:52:27AM +0100, Eric Kow wrote:
>  * More than one version of Haskell packages.  Ben pointed out that if
>    you have two versions of parsec, franchise could just pick the wrong
>    one (parsec 3 instead of parsec 2).  David thinks this a matter of
>    refining the API check.  Simon points out that there is also the
>    diamond dependency problem to worry about.

This is now fixed.  You can either defined an environment variable PACKAGES
or pass

./Setup.hs configure --package=parsec-2.0.1

Note that this was never a bug per se, since darcs works fine with either
version of parsec.

And also, the same approach that works with the autoconf code also works
with franchise  (and has worked):

GHCFLAGS='-package franchise-2.0.1' ./Setup.hs configure

I didn't respond to this earlier, since I had assumed from the email
regarding this issue that darcs didn't work with parsec 3 (and thus it
would be a wrong choice), and fixing that would require more work, since
configure would have to find the right one by default:  but when both work,
we always find a correct one, so there is no bug here that needs fixing.
http://www.darcs.net