[darcs-users] darcs patch: half-resolve issue628: reuse the long comment code fro...

Chistian Kellermann Christian.Kellermann at nefkom.net
Tue Oct 21 19:47:59 UTC 2008

Tue Oct 21 21:44:53 CEST 2008  Chistian Kellermann <Christian.Kellermann at nefkom.net>
  * half-resolve issue628: reuse the long comment code from Darcs.record, export therefore prompt_long_comment

  This patch adds the ability to enter a long comment for the tags
  command.  For this a couple of helper functions have been isolated
  from get_log.  The function prompt_long_comment is now exported by
  Darcs.record.

  The default behavior at the moment is that it asks for the long
  comment.  I am not sure whether that is desired and want to put
  this up for discussion.  If it is the desired behavior I have another
  patch changing the test cases accordingly.

  Remaining issues:
  - Haddock documentation is missing (will follow in a separate patch)

  - Lockfile issue: When doing a darcs record or darcs tag with this
  and the user hits CTL-C the lock is not removed. How should I do
  this?  I haven't found the place in Darcs.Record where this happens

  - adjustment of Testcases.