[darcs-users] darcs: setFdOption: unsupported operation (Operation not supported by device)

Christian Kellermann Christian.Kellermann at nefkom.net
Tue Oct 21 19:54:16 UTC 2008

Dear List,

I have troubles finishing the test suite and I have some hope that
I did not break anything myself :)

when running 'make test' I get a lot like this:
Output from failed record_editor.sh:

# Some tests for 'darcs rec --edit-long-comment'

not () { "$@" && exit 1 || :; }

# trick: OS-detection (if needed)
if echo $OS | grep -i windows; then
  echo This test does not work on Windows
  exit 0
fi

# set DARCS_EMAIL if not set
OLD_DARCS_EMAIL=$DARCS_EMAIL
export DARCS_EMAIL=test at case.org

rm -rf temp1
export DARCS_EDITOR="/bin/cat -n"
# editor: space in command
mkdir temp1
cd temp1
darcs init
touch file.t
darcs add file.t
darcs record --edit-long-comment -a -m foo file.t | grep '2.*END OF DESCRIPTION'
darcs: setFdOption: unsupported operation (Operation not supported by device)

The system I am running is OpenBSD-4.4-current with a self compiled ghc 6.8.3
and darcs-stable.
How should I debug this?

Thanks for your insights!

Kind regards,

Christian

--
You may use my gpg key for replies:
pub  1024D/47F79788 2005/02/02 Christian Kellermann (C-Keen)