[darcs-users] darcs patch: Simplify author field in darcs.cabal.in. (and 1 more)

Eric Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 09:45:44 UTC 2008

Hi David,

In case it's not too late, the second patch is amended with better
version numbers.

Duncan has kindly educated me on the best way to write these dependencies.  In
particular, he has shown me the package versioning policy, which is followed by
core libraries and hopefully more libraries in the future.

 http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Package_versioning_policy

For the curious, basically >= A.B.C && < A.(B+1) should do what we expect.
It means, "I want all the features in version A.B.C, and can live with
API changes as long as they are backward-compatible"

If it's too late already, I will be happy to just send a new patch

Thanks!

Tue Oct 21 14:17:11 BST 2008  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Simplify author field in darcs.cabal.in.
  I think the et al. confuses my mail client.

Wed Oct 22 10:40:15 BST 2008  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Simplify darcs.cabal.in and add more precise dependencies.
  This removes any information from the cabal file which is redundant
  with franchise, reduces the number of choices you can make (haskeline
  and terminfo now mandatory) and adds more precise package dependency
  information.