[darcs-users] darcs patch: Do not use Perl test harness. (and 3more)

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 23:57:35 UTC 2008

Edwin Thomson <edwin.thomson at businesswebsoftware.com> writes:

> zooko wrote:
>
>> developer submits patch -> buildbot tests it -> droundy reviews and
>> commits it -> buildbot builds executables
>
> The danger here is that the buildbots are then open to running arbitrary
> code submitted by random people without any human checking it first.
> Some kind of review before you run it is a good idea.

The user manual describes how to set up procmail to auto-apply signed
submissions from a whitelist of "trusted" GPG keys.  We could set up
that as http://darcs.net/incoming, and then have buildbots get/pull from
that.

Of course, that would still have the current human-before-buildbot
behaviour for casual contributors.