[darcs-users] darcs transplant

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Thu Oct 23 00:30:45 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 4:59 PM, Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com> wrote:
> Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> writes:
>
>> [amend is great...  now if only we had features to make multi-patch
>>  amending easier, e.g. a darcs transplant command]
>
> I'm not sure what you mean; my vague understanding of hg transplant (and
> git rebase) are a way to forcibly apply patches without first applying
> their dependencies.
>
> Could you describe the workflow that you have in mind, preferably with
> some mockup transcripts?  (The BTS would be a good place to do this.)

For anyone following along who is curious about this proposed feature
you can read about it here:
http://bugs.darcs.net/issue938

The other important detail is that there is no consensus yet on how it
should behave.  My idea on how it would be useful is completely
different than Eric's for example.

Jason