[darcs-users] darcs weekly news #9
kowey at darcs.net
Thu Oct 23 10:32:10 UTC 2008
News and discussions
1. Enfranchising darcs! An update on the build systems question
2. Darcs hacking sprint in 2 days!
3. What does it mean to commute? Darcs hackers like to talk about 'commuting'
patches all the time. But what does that mean? Jason explains and provides
a tiny bit of code for us to play with
4. darcsweb 1.1-rc1
Alberto Bertogli reports a release candidate for darcsweb 1.1, with
support for darcs 2 repositories, and syntax highlight support if the
pygments module is available
5. First impressions of darcs. A Pythonista named Benjamin tries darcs
out for the first time. Here are his likes and dislikes.
6. Choosing a revision control system. Daniel Carerra compares darcs with
Monotone, Mercurial and Bazaar. Daniel finds our "brilliant patch
management" to be unique, but what can we learn from the others?
- Jason Dagit
- Christian Kellermann
- Salvatore Insalaco
- J. Garrett Morris
Issues resolved in the last week (1)
issue784 Salvatore Insalaco
* fix file handle leak and check for exceptions on process running.
Patches applied in the last week (66)
2008-10-22 David Roundy
- make releaseVersion explicitly depend on the version, not Setup.hs.
- remove unneeded cd .. from Setup.hs.
- change setup.hs to Setup.hs in Setup.hs.
- cut unused amInRepo from Setup.hs.
2008-10-21 Eric Kow
- Do not recompute ChangeLog files at all.
- Do not recompute ChangeLog (franchise).
- Hard-code darcs-2.1.0 ChangeLog entries.
- Rename tests/template so it doesn't get deleted by make clean.
2008-10-22 Florent Becker
- Allow empty matchers in Patch.Match
2008-10-22 Eric Kow
- Avoid using ls to get test files (makefile).
- Simplify test targets in makefile.
- Rollback accidentally applied darcs.cabal patch.
- Add cabal file modified from Petr and Gwern's cabalisation branch.
- Simplify darcs.cabal.in and add more precise dependencies.
- Simplify author field in darcs.cabal.in.
2008-10-21 David Roundy
- don't install franchise while testing.
- make pull work with multiple --repodirs.
2008-10-21 Chistian Kellermann
- call $(MAKE) instead of 'make', because GNUMake is not called 'make' everywhere
2008-10-20 Eric Kow
- Add a darcs-nightly target to the makefile.
2008-10-21 David Roundy
- prefer recursive acronymn to embarrassing one
2008-10-21 Eric Kow
- Create the darcs.cabal file in franchise.
- Add a template for building the darcs.cabal file.
2008-10-19 Salvatore Insalaco
- resolve issue784: fix file handle leak and check for exceptions on process running.
2008-10-14 Eric Kow
- Reenable some tests under Windows now that we are ignoring setCooked errors.
2008-10-20 David Roundy
- avoid needless work in Setup.hs
- enable franchise build tests under wine 1.0.
- enable test of franchise build.
- only build ChangeLog if we're in a darcs repository.
- remove dependence on haskell98 package from preproc.hs and make_changelog.hs.
- we don't need to announce we're on windows, just log it.
- reorganize and comment ./Setup.hs flags.
- simplify checking for windows using franchise.
- test for endianness using franchise.
- fix test-franchise-build.sh to work with renamed Setup.hs.
2008-10-18 Eric Kow
- Capitalise Setup.hs for consistency.
2008-10-17 David Roundy
- add CURSES test to setup.hs.
- half-resolve issue1138: make it possible in setup.hs to not use -Werror.
- use unlessFlag in setup.hs to simplify haskeline check.
- add haskeline test to setup.hs.
- clean up setup.hs by using lookForModule instead of catching exceptions.
- add test for siginfo.h (which shows up on SunOS maybe?)
- clean up test-franchise-build.sh a bit more...
- clean up test-franchise-build.sh
- clean up setup.hs configure a bit.
2008-10-12 Dmitry Kurochkin
- Fix curl version in setup.hs.
2008-10-11 David Roundy
- avoid re-checking for windows.
- setup.hs: don't fail if darcs doesn't yet exist.
- fix spelling error in setup.hs.
- make setup.hs look for libcurl
- ratify use of readFile in setup.hs
- add script for testing the franchise build.
- add franchise setup file.
- on windows, try renameFile before deleting target file.
2008-10-11 Dmitry Kurochkin
- Simplify Darcs.Lock.withDir.
- Do not remove temporary directories if DARCS_KEEP_TMPDIR environment variable is set.
2008-10-10 David Roundy
- eliminate autogeneration of Workaround.hs.
2008-10-17 J. Garrett Morris
- Add import list for System.Process in Exec.lhs
2008-10-15 Dmitry Kurochkin
- Use command_control_list directly in run_the_command.
- Fix imports in Darcs.ArgumentDefaults.
- Refactor Darcs.ArgumentDefaults to use command_control_list directly.
- Refactor Darcs.Commands, move command run code to Darcs.RunCommand.
- Remove unused extended_usage.
- Use help_cmd instead of usage in main.
- Use help_cmd directly in main.
- Refactor 'darcs --commands' to list_available_commands.
2008-10-15 Thorkil Naur
- fix Submitting patches to darcs with respect to send -u
Eric Kow <http://www.nltg.brighton.ac.uk/home/Eric.Kow>
PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 194 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/darcs-users/attachments/20081023/c30cb365/attachment.pgp
More information about the darcs-users