[darcs-users] The new windows executable isn't usable for me.

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Thu Oct 23 15:50:10 UTC 2008

http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1153

I didn't make clear in my earlier posts that this issue makes the
current
buildbot-built version of darcs unusable on my Windows system here.
(Eight
minutes is just far too long to wait for a pull.  I could install
mercurial and
switch from darcs to mercurial in eight minutes <wink>.)  Also, it
appears that
if you move a server that you formerly used, so that its IP address
stops
accepting connections, then even worse delays happen.  This issue
presumably
effects other platforms as well as Windows.

Just a heads-up, that I currently have no usable version of darcs for
Windows
other than the old darcs-2.0.0 executable that's been up since April.

Perhaps this would be greatly improved by statically linking libcurl
into the
darcs executable for Windows.  Hopefully the new work on cabal and/or
franchise
and/or better makefile and/or better autoconf will make it easy
enough to do
that even a lazy bum like me can do it on the windows buildbot.

Regards,

Zooko
---
http://allmydata.org -- Tahoe, the Least-Authority Filesystem