[darcs-users] Separating the user manual and code

Florent Becker florent.becker at ens-lyon.org
Thu Oct 23 18:07:18 UTC 2008

Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com> writes:

>> When Eric invited me to become documentation manager, I mentioned that
>> one of the first things I'd do is push for physically separating the
>> user manual from the actual code.  Because this was probably done in IRC
>> just before one of us went to bed, it got forgotten about.  I'd like to
>> put the issue on the table here on the list and solicit discussion.
>

> I also agree about keeping the technical documentation with the code.

Note that if we carry on (middle-term) with the proposed idea of having
libdarcs + a small UI layer around it called darcs, most of the module
won't have anything to do with the user manual.

Modules within libdarcs will go from literate haskell to heavilly
haddocked code, and ui modules (should|will) get thinner. So the
question of having them be literate haskell is less important than to
have a ui-guru that cares also about the manual.

--
Florent