[darcs-users] darcs patch: Import cabalisation: Setup.lhs, darcs.ca... (and 13 more)

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Sat Oct 25 03:39:27 UTC 2008

Hi!

"Jason Dagit" <dagit at codersbase.com> writes:
>     Debian build dependencies are managed by the debian/control file, and
>     this file is not allowed to be auto-generated.
>
> I see.  So that could partially explain why Debian is so far behind Arch in
> supporting Haskell packages.

You can put Depends: ${haskell:Depends} or the like in the control file. You
can't do that for Build-Depends, however (and you can't in rpm either,
AFAICT). But it wouldn't be hard to write a tool (or is there one, already) to
check and update control file against cabal and let the maintainer confirm
that.

Yours,
   Petr.