[darcs-users] Separating the user manual and code

Gour gour at mail.inet.hr
Sat Oct 25 17:44:12 UTC 2008

>>>>> "David" == David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net> writes:

Hi David!

David> I have little to no experience with lightweight markup languages,
David> so I will leave this to others to decide.  I'm curious as to the
David> advantages of reST/sphinx over say markdown.

I was investigating both for my personal markup.

Markdown is nice, but too lite - very simple tables, no footnotes,
definition lists...although there is some support from the former items
in extended markdown.

Otoh, reST is much more capable, check http://sphinx.pocoo.org/rest.html
and/or http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/user/rst/quickref.html

Unfortunately, Pandoc does not have parser support for full reST
although it's on todo ;)

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Zagreb, Croatia  | GPG key: C6E7162D