[darcs-users] Help with team upgrade on Windows

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Sun Oct 26 14:21:46 UTC 2008

I need to upgrade my team to Darcs 2. Please excuse
me if some of my questions below have already been
answered; I no longer have the time to read every
message from this list now that the dev list was
merged in.

Our team is Windows-based. Some of the users
are non-technical and not comfortable at all with
the command line. They somehow manage with
a few basic darcs commands. (So TortoiseDarcs
may be the critical issue for us to continue with
darcs in the long term, but that's a different topic.)

1. Which Windows binary should I deploy, and where
do I get it? AFIK everyone is still 32bit XP for now,
except one 32bit Vista user.

2. What *simple* *fool-proof* instructions can I
give to my users to deploy the upgrade? I do
not have much help-desk time available in my
schedule just now.

Other than deploying the binary, my main concern
is avoiding problems with darcs finding the wrong
copy of PuTTY or not finding the SSH agent.

Thanks,
Yitz