[darcs-users] Help with team upgrade on Windows

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Mon Oct 27 09:45:42 UTC 2008

I wrote:
> I need to upgrade my team to Darcs 2...

Oh, and then there's the server. It's running Debian
stable - which means etch for the time being, until
lenny finally gets released :). So is there a darcs2
backport for etch? I don't see any mention of it on the
Binaries wiki page.

If there isn't a backport, would it work to just run one
of those generic staticly-linked linux binaries on etch?
Note that the GHC 6.8.3 binary doesn't run - the GHC
team says that the the current stable version of Debian
is "too old".

I really don't relish the prospect of compiling darcs on
this server, unless it's really straightforward, and doesn't
take a lot of my time or make a mess out of our nice
neat production server. (Remember, ghc is at 6.6.3 on etch.)

If none of the above options is possible, I'm afraid the
server might have to stay with the etch package, at 1.0.9rc1.
And that would mean that 2.1.0 is out of the question on
the Windows machines until lenny is released.

Thanks,
Yitz