[darcs-users] Help with team upgrade on Windows

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Mon Oct 27 15:34:51 UTC 2008

On Oct 27, 2008, at 5:12 AM, Yitzchak Gale wrote:

> zooko wrote:
>> Please try this one:
>> https://zooko.com/darcs/darcsdir-w32-2.0.0.zip
>
> OK, thanks!
>
> That zip also contains all of the PuTTY stuff. Is that
> required - or can I give them a zip with just the binary
> and have them drop it into their current darcs directory,
> replacing the old EXE?

I assume that just copying the binary darcs.exe over the old one
would work.

> Well, that's what they did to begin with. With some additional
> site-specific stuff from our internal wiki. Why do they need
> to go through all of that again?

No, you're right, they needn't re-do any of that configuration.

> We definitely have had problems of putty not finding the agent
> when launched by darcs, and we suspect that it has something
> to do with the wrong copy of putty being launched. Could it be
> that the putty binaries distributed together with darcs are
> somehow different than what you get when you install the
> latest version of putty from the web?

I just downloaded a copy of the putty binaries from the putty
download site.  The only possible difference is that the putty
download site might now have newer versions.

Regards,

Zooko
---
http://allmydata.org -- Tahoe, the Least-Authority Filesystem