[darcs-users] darcs patch: making Darcs.Patch.Set comment into haddock

David Roundy daveroundy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 16:59:45 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Florent Becker
<florent.becker at ens-lyon.org> wrote:
>>> +-- Can we have PatchSet with length at least 3?
>>> +-- Florent
>>
>> Yes.  I'm not sure why you're thinking this could cause a problem.  We
>> should never, however, have a PatchSet of length zero.  (Meaning that
>> the smallest PatchSet should be (NilRL :<: NilRL) or [[]] in list
>> terms.
>
> I don't think it would be a problem, i was just hunting for implicit
> invariants. So, to make things clear, do we cut after each clean tag?

No, there is no guarantee that the inventory will be broken up at all.
 Current darcs will make a feeble try to break the inventory pretty
regularly, but older darcs didn't, and this shouldn't be an invariant
anyhow.

> [[a b t1 c d e t2][f g t3] [h i]] and [[a b t1 c d e t2][f g t3 h i]]
> represent the same repository, don't they? Is the difference between
> them meaningful? Are they both likely to come up?

Sure, they could come up, and the only difference between them is
efficiency of certain operations.

David