[darcs-users] Help with team upgrade on Windows

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Mon Oct 27 17:12:38 UTC 2008

Hi Yitzchak, you raise some great real-world points which are useful to
hear, I hope you won't give up to soon on finding the way to a nice
deployment of current darcs for your users. But if you run out of time,
understandable.

> I really don't relish the prospect of compiling darcs on
> this server, unless it's really straightforward, and doesn't
> take a lot of my time or make a mess out of our nice
> neat production server. (Remember, ghc is at 6.6.3 on etch.)

Building darcs should go fine then. Once you have ghc 6.6 - and perhaps,
a couple of ghc libraries, like zlib, http etc, which may be installable
in etch or if not, can be installed by downloading and building some
tarballs from hackage.haskell.org - darcs is an easy build.