[darcs-users] darcs patch: refactor get_global, make it more cross-platform

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Oct 27 22:15:58 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 12:38:06 -0700, Simon Michael wrote:
> > it would reduce the danger of me applying the wrong patch if you reply to
> > the ones you amend with a reply-to-all
>
> Thanks David, I'll try to follow that..

This is one of the those cases where we need to improve our automation
ratio.  Some way of helping us keep track of patch amendments would be
nice, perhaps a patch tracker in the way Jason was suggesting.

I realise that everybody is on-board on this one and doesn't need
convincing, but I just thought it would be useful to point out again
a concrete case of something that could be fixed by infrastructure...
all in due time :-D

Hint: this may be a useful thought to anybody who wants to work on a
darcshub style project