[darcs-users] Darcs Sprint Suggestions

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Tue Oct 28 04:01:02 UTC 2008

Now that the dust from the Sprint is starting to settle a bit I wanted
to make suggestions for next time :)  These are based on things I
noticed during the sprint:

* Each team should have a pushable repo, separate from the main sprint repo.
* Each team should have at least one buildbot that they can submit patches to.
* Video conferencing would be nice when people have overlapping time zones.
* Chalk or whiteboards are really, really handy.

At the PDX location I was assisting Don and Duncan with darcs related
questions and using my own machine as the 'build bot'.  I would pull
their patches and then test them and report back problems.  This was
quite helpful for Don who was doing lots of little changes and running
a type check script instead of running the full test suite.  I would
then do his full testing while I was doing other things or answering
questions.  It's a good environment for pair programming and
brainstorming.

Don, do you think you could make your type check script available to
others?  It seemed to make you pretty efficient :)

Did anyone else notice anything that could be improved?  Or things
that were there and you'd want again?  Like coffee :)

Thanks,
Jason