[darcs-users] darcs patch: Fix echo handling in windows scripts.

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Tue Oct 28 12:12:13 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 12:18:26 +0100, Salvatore Insalaco wrote:
> 2008/10/28 Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>:
> > The tests are still failing, alas...
> >  http://buildbot.darcs.net/builders/zooko%20allmydata%20virtual2%20Windows-XP%20i386/builds/199/steps/test/logs/stdio
>
> I think that there is a different patch that caused this problem
> (maybe mine, but not the echo one).

Good catch.  For the interested,
  http://buildbot.darcs.net/builders/zooko%20allmydata%20virtual2%20Windows-XP%20i386/builds/194
is the last passing build

So the following tests are failing and Windows,
  pull_many_files.sh
  pull.sh
  overriding-defaults.sh
  issue279_get_extra.sh
  issue157_rollback_conflict.sh

And it looks like it may be due to some of the patches below.  So David, Simon,
Florent, Ganesh, Reinier, Trent may want to take a look at the output and see
what's up.

Thanks!

Tue Oct 28 01:43:38 GMT 2008  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * remove export of read_pending.
  This is an ugly function that is hard to use correctly, so it seems best
  not to export it.

Tue Oct 28 01:42:44 GMT 2008  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * cut unused argument to with_selected_patch_from_repo.

Mon Oct 27 07:03:41 GMT 2008  Simon Michael <simon at joyful.com>
  * "make continuous" or "make ci" rebuilds darcs whenever files change
  Leave this running in a side window, or in a emacs
  compilation/comint-minor-mode buffer, to get rapid feedback from GHC as
  you edit code. Useful! Requires a patched version of searchpath, see
  makefile.

Sun Oct 26 22:50:04 GMT 2008  Simon Michael <simon at joyful.com>
  * resolve issue0839: enable global cache by default

Sun Oct 26 22:03:54 GMT 2008  Simon Michael <simon at joyful.com>
  * refactor get_global, make it more cross-platform
  get_global fetches global preferences from the user's ~/.darcs directory.
  This patch uses the more portable getAppUserDataDirectory, so global
  prefs will work on windows without requiring a HOME environment
  variable, and will be stored in the standard windows app data dir
  (eg C:/Documents And Settings/user/Application Data/darcs).
  Cf http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/1838 .
  It also reduces the use of error-hiding catchall.

Sun Oct 26 17:11:25 GMT 2008  Simon Michael <simon at joyful.com>
  * explain global cache a little more clearly

Sun Oct 26 07:52:51 GMT 2008  Simon Michael <simon at joyful.com>
  * resolve issue1046: record nothing when only a non-repo file is specified

Sun Oct 26 07:06:32 GMT 2008  Salvatore Insalaco <kirby81 at gmail.com>
  * Fix echo handling in windows scripts.

Mon Oct 27 17:05:50 GMT 2008  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * fix bug in haddock docs.

Sat Oct 25 13:18:57 BST 2008  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * accumulate hash strictly in hash/hashPS

Sat Aug 30 02:49:10 BST 2008  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * remove trailing whitespace

Sat Oct 25 11:30:06 BST 2008  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * add a few comments/update annotate docs slightly

Fri Oct 24 22:20:22 BST 2008  tux_rocker at reinier.de
  * resolve issue395: warn the user when the patch name looks like a command line option

Sat Oct 25 13:09:00 BST 2008  Salvatore Insalaco <kirby81 at gmail.com>
  * Fix newline endings on Windows for HTTP module.

Sat Oct 25 14:42:20 BST 2008  Salvatore Insalaco <kirby81 at gmail.com>
  * resolve issue1023: bracket file writing to prevent windows permission errors.

Sat Oct 25 21:31:01 BST 2008  Christian Kellerman <Christian.Kellermann at nefkom.net>
  * resolve issue1000: warn when tags are too short (length name <2)

Fri Oct 24 10:32:55 BST 2008  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * $DARCS is no longer set by shell_harness.

Fri Oct 24 07:23:08 BST 2008  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * Cleanup after others before running tests.
  When running tests in non-reverse order, these were failing.

Sat Oct 25 15:55:57 BST 2008  Salvatore Insalaco <kirby81 at gmail.com>
  * resolve issue774: fix character echo on win32.

Fri Oct 24 17:36:36 BST 2008  florent.becker at ens-lyon.org
  * resolve issue1051: Allow --dry-run --interactive