[darcs-users] darcsweb 1.1

Alberto Bertogli albertito at blitiri.com.ar
Wed Oct 29 03:41:54 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 05:24:44PM -0700, Simon Michael wrote:
> In a related thread I wrote:
> > out the new release) but I have an idea I made it work with darcs 2 and
> > sent patches.
>
> which was a big lie, as darcs clearly shows me. Sorry :)
>
> Alberto, thanks for the new release, which I've now pulled to joyful.com
> which is ubuntu gutsy. Three small comments:
>
> - I needed to install python-beaker to fix an error on tree view.

I had never heard of that package before. What was the error?

> - I chose to install python-pygments and source highlighting started
> working immediately, very nice:
>
> http://joyful.com/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi?r=darcs-stable;a=headblob;f=/src/OldFastPackedString.hs
>
> I'm hoping I won't notice any impact as bots crawl my now slower source
> code pages. The cache should help.

If you're worried about that, yes, enabling the cache will make a _huge_
difference.

> - A bug, I believe, which has irked me for a while: darcsweb tree view
> shows all files in a directory. I would rather have it show only those
> tracked by darcs. Perhaps this is easier now with darcs 2 ?

For the tree view, darcsweb will try using, in order:

 - _darcs/pristine/
 - _darcs/current/
 - the repo directory

So it's a last-resource thing, because neither pristine nor current
should contain untracked files, AFAIK. Do you have any of those
directories in the repository you're browsing?

Thanks,
		Alberto