[darcs-users] darcs patch: Generate SRC_DIRS programmatically. (and 8 more)

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 07:24:40 UTC 2008

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> writes:

> On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 20:03:50 -0700, Trent W. Buck wrote:
>> This is a subset of my outstanding 50-or-so makefile fixes, the last
>> two patches in this list, plus their dependencies.  Eric has already
>> reviewed some (all?) of these and recommended they be applied.
>
> Would it be OK if we revisited this series of patches after the sprint
> dust settles?  I'm very very sorry to be requesting this delay, but...

No worries; I'm just getting skittish because each day there's another
dozen patches in my repo that haven't been applied upstream, and their
tight coupling (because they all edit the few files) means that a
conflict or rejection of one of the bottom ones will cause me headaches.

That, and I want to hack on the makefile in the user-manual branch
today, and I'm not sure which is better: 1) to apply my make patches and
THEN rewrite the doc targets for reST; or 2) to not pull my make
patches.

Approach (2) is guaranteed to cause conflicts, but approach (1) means
that before user-manual can be integrated into unstable, many of my make
patches (which are dependencies) need to be reviewed and applied.

Actually, I more or less accidentally ended up doing (1), which
contributed to my freaking out.

I think what's best is for me to just publish my darcs-make branch, and
leave you core guys alone until you've caught up from the sprint.  It
should end up at

    darcs get http://twb.ath.cx/darcs-make

there's an old copy there now, but I've been having some more problems
using darcs over sshfs (see http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1182).