[darcs-users] Darcs Sprint Brighton Update

Nicolas Pouillard nicolas.pouillard at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 10:26:54 UTC 2008

Eric Y. Kow's wrote:
> Jason wrote:
> > This weekend the Portland team accomplished the following:
>
> Thanks!  As for the Brighton team:

Here is the report of the Paris team:

  * Saving lstats: When doing whatsnew on some particular files
      one could avoid looking at the whole working tree.
      Reinier Lamers worked on this topic and made good progress,
      however there is still issues with the type witnesses mode.

  * Networking performances: Juliusz Chroboczek helped us to
      hunt networking performance problems (as he reads tcpdumps
      outputs natively :). One conclude that http-pipelining does
      a good job but can be tricky to enable ; one clearly see
      the improvement of the darcs-transfer-mode but having
      TCP_NODELAY=1 and supporting multi-gets would make it a
      lot better.

  * Packs of patches: Florent Becker and I worked on integrating
      a packing mechanism for patches. We've designed a proposition [1],
      made a basic integration that is not published yet. It features
      the reading support but not the packing itself.

[1]: http://wiki.darcs.net/index.html/Packs_Specification

--
Nicolas Pouillard aka Ertai