[darcs-users] darcsweb 1.1

Alberto Bertogli albertito at blitiri.com.ar
Wed Oct 29 13:30:53 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 02:51:38PM +1100, Trent W. Buck wrote:
> Alberto Bertogli <albertito at blitiri.com.ar> writes:
>
> > On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 05:24:44PM -0700, Simon Michael wrote:
> >> - A bug, I believe, which has irked me for a while: darcsweb tree view
> >> shows all files in a directory. I would rather have it show only those
> >> tracked by darcs. Perhaps this is easier now with darcs 2 ?
> >
> > For the tree view, darcsweb will try using, in order:
> >
> >  - _darcs/pristine/
> >  - _darcs/current/
> >  - the repo directory
> >
> > So it's a last-resource thing, because neither pristine nor current
> > should contain untracked files, AFAIK. Do you have any of those
> > directories in the repository you're browsing?
>
> Surely for darcs2 repos it should do something like "darcs show files |
> xargs ls -ld {}" ?  The pristine tree is hashed now.

And the directory is called 'pristine.hashed' and is appropriately
ignored by darcsweb, which falls back to the repo directory.

What I can do is filter the directory walk using "darcs show files -0".
Is that command also present in darcs 1? And is it the proper way to
display the tracked files for machine consumption?

Thanks,
		Alberto