[darcs-users] darcs patch: add exception to haskell_policy.sh for D... (and 61 more)

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Wed Oct 29 14:52:05 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 01:00:08PM +0000, Eric Kow wrote:
> As I mentioned earlier, this is the promised Salvo 8 (the big one),
> which I have verified to pass tests on both GHC 6.6 and 6.8.
>
> If it helps, here is my contribution to the review.
>
> I think once we get over this hump, the merging the rest of sprint
> patches in (or not) is easy
>
> Also, if there are any changes to be made, I think we should make them
> *on top* of this bundle because amend-recording is simply not going to
> be practical (I don't meant to belabour the point, it's just that
> amending is a bit ingrained in our culture, so people get a bit nervous
> when there is a large amount of work that wants to get in)

I don't think I'll have time to review this bundle today, but had a
question I'd like to ask even before I review it.  I presume this has
been benchmarked against the pre-salvo-8 version.  How does it affect
timings? Not that timings are everything, but it'd be nice to see if
it speeds things up or (although it seems unlikely) slows things
down, and if so, by how much.

David