[darcs-users] Darcs Sprint Brighton Update

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Wed Oct 29 16:00:52 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 3:26 AM, Nicolas Pouillard
<nicolas.pouillard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Eric Y. Kow's wrote:
>> Jason wrote:
>> > This weekend the Portland team accomplished the following:
>>
>> Thanks!  As for the Brighton team:
>
> Here is the report of the Paris team:
>
>  * Saving lstats: When doing whatsnew on some particular files
>      one could avoid looking at the whole working tree.
>      Reinier Lamers worked on this topic and made good progress,
>      however there is still issues with the type witnesses mode.

Has anyone already asked for help with this?  The type witness stuff
can be tricky but with a bit of training it's not so bad.

>  * Networking performances: Juliusz Chroboczek helped us to
>      hunt networking performance problems (as he reads tcpdumps
>      outputs natively :). One conclude that http-pipelining does
>      a good job but can be tricky to enable ; one clearly see
>      the improvement of the darcs-transfer-mode but having
>      TCP_NODELAY=1 and supporting multi-gets would make it a
>      lot better.

That sounds interesting.  Is anyone working on this?  Could someone
knowledgeable about the issue create a ticket so we don't lose track?

>  * Packs of patches: Florent Becker and I worked on integrating
>      a packing mechanism for patches. We've designed a proposition [1],
>      made a basic integration that is not published yet. It features
>      the reading support but not the packing itself.

This also sounds handy.

Thanks for the update!
Jason