[darcs-users] Review: improve front page of http://darcs.net

Max Battcher me at worldmaker.net
Thu Oct 30 21:10:32 UTC 2008

Simon Michael wrote:
> Eric P. Mangold wrote:
>> Being unable to cleanly link to pages in the manual is pretty crummy.
>
> This might be another argument for restructured text; sections have more
> intuitive anchors. Still not perfectly stable, but more so. The link in
> this case would be something like .../manual.html#theory-of-patches .

...or with a proper split-HTML build: manual/patch-theory.html. (Or just
patches.html, in my current Sphinx environment, but that's merely a
bikeshed issue...)

I think that this sort of direct linking does make Sphinx a better
choice than raw reST, but at the moment I seem to be in the minority.

--
--Max Battcher--
http://worldmaker.net