[darcs-users] standard darcs benchmarks

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Thu Oct 30 22:01:01 UTC 2008

Hi everybody,

Here are the latest instructions for running the Standard Darcs
Benchmarks (*).  Note that this obsoletes any past remarks I may have
made about zoos and benchmarking.

To obtain a set of easy darcs benchmarking scripts and test data:

  darcs get http://code.haskell.org/darcs/darcs-benchmark
  cd darcs-benchmark
  chmod u+x ./fetch-test-data.sh
  ./fetch-test-data.sh

To use the benchmarking scripts, you will need to create a simple
configuration file (that just says where the two versions of darcs
that you want to benchmark live)

  cp config.example config
  vi config
  chmod u+x go.sh
  ./go.sh

The latest details are on the wiki
  http://wiki.darcs.net/index.html/StandardDarcsBenchmarks

Have fun making darcs faster!

(*) Standard by my unilateral declaration.  Patches welcome.
    I do hope these evolve to be more ambitious over time :-)

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9