[darcs-users] darcs patch: shell_harness script in haskell

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 09:51:40 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 11:42:31 -0700, Jason Dagit wrote:
> We don't seem to have any hard and fast rules about line length, but
> this one does seem overly long.  This might be a bit easier for
> people:

Please add a line-length entry to
  http://wiki.darcs.net/index.html/CodingStyle
probably saying that while there are no hard and fast rules about it,
but that we do have a slight preference for lines that can fit on our
screen (or our xmonad tiles).

As you pointed out, Jason, it would be useful for us to start
documenting ourselves as a community.  Since we are working hard on
encouraging newcomers, we want to provide them with quality resources
that help them get up to speed.

> +    let myenv = [("HOME",cwd),("PWD",cwd),("EMAIL","tester")
> +                ,("DARCSEMAIL","tester"),("PATH",(darcs_path++":"++path))
> +                ,("DARCS_DONT_COLOR","1")
> +                ,("DARCS_DONT_ESCAPE_ANYTHING","1")]

P.S, I would just make it one line per environment variable.  Makes for
very clean patches