[darcs-users] darcs patch: add exception to haskell_policy.sh for D... (and 61 more)

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Fri Oct 31 13:22:57 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 01:00:08PM +0000, Eric Kow wrote:
> Also, if there are any changes to be made, I think we should make them
> *on top* of this bundle because amend-recording is simply not going to
> be practical (I don't meant to belabour the point, it's just that
> amending is a bit ingrained in our culture, so people get a bit nervous
> when there is a large amount of work that wants to get in)

I'm pushing this patch set now, in spite of its low quality.  If it
weren't for the fact that much of the sprint work depends on it, I
would *not* be pushing it.  Beginning an unimportant (i.e. constant
prefactor) performace patch with a performance regression and never
testing performance is absolutely the worst way to proceed.

Performance patches are *always* low priority, and should therefore
should only be made when they are both certain to be correct and
have been tested to actually improve performace.  This patch set
violates both principles.

David