[darcs-users] darcs patch: add exception to haskell_policy.sh for D... (and 61 more)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Fri Oct 31 15:14:28 UTC 2008

Folks,

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 09:50:08 -0400, David Roundy wrote:
> Just run timings yourself.  I've wasted far too much time on this
> stupid patch set already.

I would like everybody please keep in mind that we are *all* volunteers
here.  Reviewing patches (especially the nice and thorough approach that
David takes) takes time; time pressure can can sometimes lead to stress;
and stress can sometimes lead to the occasional undiplomatic remark.  So
please keep cool, don't take things personally and stay friendly :-)

That said, here are the latest performance runs, best of 3 trials on an eight
3.16Ghz CPU machine (X86_64) with 32 GiB of RAM; again on the GHC hashed repo
using the scripts in http://code.haskell.org/darcs/darcs-benchmarks
This table is comparing the pre-salvo-8 darcs with --disable-bytestring
against the post-salvo-8 darcs.

                ||    old |   new
================++========+======
   get-complete ||    7.6 |   5.5