[darcs-users] more bytestring numbers, bench.hs

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Fri Oct 31 19:18:52 UTC 2008

Here are the results of some simple tests using four different versions
of darcs on my ubuntu box. A full transcript is included so you can spot
any problems with my method and see how to run these tests yourself, and
add more.

Also, this demonstrates bench.hs, a new tool based on Eric's scripts.
This one uses haskell only and aims to be simple to use and
cross-platform. It can only run simple darcs commands though. (I
extended it to handle shell commands last night, but the gods were
angered and I lost that work. :/)

I can't run the actual bigzoo tests on this machine, unfortunately, as
it would mean shutting down my cpu-hogging web app servers for several
hours. I did shut them down during the tests below, and monitored with
top to be sure the box was otherwise quiet.

-Simon