[darcs-users] darcs patch: shell_harness script in haskell

Christian Kellermann Christian.Kellermann at nefkom.net
Fri Oct 31 19:45:30 UTC 2008

Dear darcs fans,

Fri Oct 31 20:30:38 CET 2008  Christian Kellermann <Christian.Kellermann at nefkom.net>
  * shell_harness script in haskell

This is getting into a shape now where I think it might help if you
would give it a try!

What changed:

* using runInteractiveProcess now as requested by Jason. We still
need to figure out how to find a bash shell in a portable way, maybe
franchise has some nice code I can use for this. For now there is
still a call to runInteractiveCommand to find a bash using "which
bash" which is not portable at all. On the other hand it has been
like that before, so at least the situation is not any worse.

* set_env is now really simple thanks lispy again

* the permissions are also set according to lispy for the user parts
only. On a first glance this seems ok.

* The long lines are now cut short, lists are now easy to change.
Thanks Erik for this suggestion.

CAVEAT: For some reason I have not figured out yet, the following
tests fail when run in the test suite BUT succeed in my terminal:

unrecord-dont-prompt.sh
send-dont-prompt-deps.sh
push-dont-prompt-deps.sh
pull.sh
pull-dont-prompt-deps.sh
issue595_get_permissions.sh
issue279_get_extra.sh
issue157_rollback_conflict.sh
issue1105.sh
ignoretimes.sh
ignore-this.sh

If you, the adventurous tester, would be so kind to do the following
tiny change, compile this script and report any inconveniences back
to me I'd appreciate that.

The change of course is this:
hunk ./GNUmakefile 452
-SHELL_HARNESS := perl ../tests/shell_harness
+SHELL_HARNESS := ../tests/shell_harness

Thanks for listening,

Christian