[darcs-users] darcs patch: Add forceHashSlurped that hashes the slu... (and 1 more)

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Mon Sep 1 16:02:03 UTC 2008

Hi,

another issue crossed my mind though: the abolition of newpristine is only
applicable to hashed repositories, although the fix could also benefit
old-style ones. Hmm. On a second thought, I think that we could just create
pristine.hashed even in old-style repos, and special case the repair
finalisation code, which would:

In hashed repositories, compare the previous pristine root hash with the newly
computed one, and if they mismatch, just write out a new hashed_inventory (and
tell user, of course);

in old-style repos, do the checkPristineAgainstSlurpy as we do now and rm -rf
pristine.hashed after either fixing pristine or concluding it's been all right
to start with (and clean the global cache, I guess).

Any obvious problems with that?