[darcs-users] patch: add makefile target named "disttest" which does the test currently written in _darcs/prefs/prefs

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Mon Sep 1 18:22:49 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 01, 2008 at 10:44:19AM -0600, zooko wrote:
> Mon Sep  1 10:43:42 MDT 2008  zooko at zooko.com
>   * add makefile target "disttest" which does the script currently
> stored in _darcs/prefs/prefs
>   This way other things such as buildbot can easily run the same tests as
> _darcs/prefs/prefs does.
>   It is named "disttest" because it is analogous to "distclean" inasmuch
> as it blows away your object files and changes your ./configure.
>   Also remove an obsolete .PHONY target.

This looks good to me.  Is there any reason we shouldn't

darcs setpref test 'make disttest'?

I guess there's the weirdness that running make disttest without first
running autoconf or configure means that the makefile will have to do
that for you prior to running makedisttest.  Also, I wonder if we
shouldn't have

disttest: distclean

just to keep things a bit more reproducible?

David