[darcs-users] growing the darcs team

Edwin Thomson edwin.thomson at businesswebsoftware.com
Tue Sep 2 08:29:01 UTC 2008

Jason Dagit wrote:
> How will this work if http://darcs.net/ is the stable repository?  Are
> we going to endorse the usage of nested repositories?  I still feel
> like this is a potentially dangerous feature.  Especially with issue27
> still lurking.  Do we guarantee that darcs will not manipulate things
> in the sub-repository?

I've been using nested repositories for a couple of years, and have
never come across a case where darcs manipulates things in the
sub-repository, as far as I remember. (Although darcs2 might have
regressions in this area, I suppose. I don't know.)

I'm not sure what issue27 has to do with it - a nested repository has
its own _darcs directory, so patches don't collide.

Edwin