[darcs-users] darcswatch ideas (Was: growing the darcs team)

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Tue Sep 2 22:17:31 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 2:57 PM, zooko <zooko at zooko.com> wrote:

> Each patch which is submitted is the subject of its own issue
> ticket.  Discussion about that patch, new versions of the patch, etc.
> are all carried on in the comments on that ticket.  You can always
> tell the status of a patch by visiting the appropriate ticket and
> checking the status fields.  You can find the entire history of a
> patch in the comments, and you can get, of course, the latest version
> of the patch itself.

I like the idea of having issues and patches in separate name spaces,
but if we don't have that option maybe we could live with patches and
issues in one name space by having separate issues for bugs and
patches.

> Here is a randomly selected example:
>
> http://divmod.org/trac/ticket/2641

Perhaps that's a bad example?  I went to the link but I don't see the
patch contents or see an obvious way to download the patch.  Either
way, the UI of trac isn't what we're discussing, so maybe that doesn't
matter.

Thanks,
Jason