[darcs-users] OpenBSD users here?

Matthias Kilian kili at outback.escape.de
Wed Sep 3 21:28:25 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 11:22:33PM -0700, Don Stewart wrote:
> > - darcs.haskell.org is very slow, and sometimes not reachable at all, at
> >   least whenever I tried to darcs get, darcs pull or just wget
> >   something from it ;-)
> >   I don't know wether it has bad connectivity at all, or wether
> >   some bandwith-limiting is in action.
>
> We just upgraded the bandwidth,

Yeah, to 1 *packet* per hour.

> but it still keeps getting saturated
> with hackage downloads. I'll raise the issue with the administrators.

Move this shit to another server, ASAP. Damit. I wasted ONE COMPLETE
WEEK (well, only my spare time after my day job) trying to get
current sources on my development machine and trying to write some
mirroring script (which doesn't work either, since darcs.haskell.org
just sucks if it comes to connectivity). I only wanted to build a
working ghc-HEAD to get this .cabal -> makefile snippet thing done,
but how could I do without a working (and current) ghc?

Sorry, but if the Haskell community backs on a main darcs repository
that JUST DOES NOT WORK, and if the most important compiler DOES
NOT CARE ABOUT PORTABILITY (I mean the HC bootstrapping, which has
been pushed from milestone to milestone), then I'm not any longer
interested at all.

		-- Kili

--
adm1025 ... another day, another chip..