[darcs-users] darcs patch: Add Repository.checkPristineAgainstSlurpy. (and 14 more)

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Wed Sep 3 22:03:58 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 2:48 PM,  <me at mornfall.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry about unwieldly big bundle, the last 4 patches are the interesting part:
> the rest got pulled in by dependencies...
>
> Now, since I'm already running around Cache, HashedIO and friends with a broom,
> I have removed most of the [DarcsFlag] instances in there, with the finding
> that the only thing that's actually used down the stack is "NoCompress". I have
> converted these to use a dedicated type. Hopefully, that's a step in right
> direction... (At very least, it documents what is needed where.)

Looks like a step in the right direction to me.  Sounds like you want
to treat DarcsFlag sort of like a parsing task.  You are creating the
abstract "syntax" via custom types and you translate from raw
[DarcsFlag] to the custom types and then use those.  I only skimmed
your implementation though and it looks to require a lot of changes.

The worst thing I see is that the stuff I've been doing lately
directly conflicts with the stuff you've been doing.  This is means
that which ever patch bundle gets accepted creates a ton of work for
the other person.

Jason