[darcs-users] planning darcs 2.0.3

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Mon Sep 8 23:27:48 UTC 2008

On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 01:04:45PM +0100, Eric Kow wrote:
> Just a quick update on the recent progress towards 2.0.3.  Earlier, I
> reported that we have no regressions in our bugs directory since darcs
> 2.0.2.
>
> This morning, I reviewed the list of known regressions on the bug
> tracker. I have found that one of the issues is a regression since 2.0.2
> (issue1045)
>
> David: you mentioned there being some other regressions which might
> block a 2.0.3 release.  Could you comment some more on these?  Maybe I
> can turn those into bugtracker entries and/or test cases.

See below the slightly edited output of

darcs changes --matches 'date "last 2 weeks" && (name bug || name resolve)'

The summary is that in the last 2 weeks, we've fixed about a dozen
bugs, most of which were regressions from 2.0.2 (mostly caused by
myself, to be honest).  Usually you'd like to go at least a few weeks
without finding any new regressions before releasing.

David

15: Fri Sep  5 15:45:44 EDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * bug fix for amend-cancelling.sh test

28: Thu Sep  4 18:41:45 EDT 2008  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * relocate issue1057.sh to bugs/.

43: Mon Sep  1 18:34:20 EDT 2008  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * resolve issue1015: workaround internal API change on Windows in GHC 6.8.3

45: Tue Sep  2 10:44:50 EDT 2008  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * fix bug in handling of corrupted pending file, and in test.
  Our test was wrong, and our repair wasn't smart enough to find this.
  Recent fixes in repair by Petr revealed this bug, which allowed darcs
  to record a corrupt patch if users manually corrupted the pending
  file.  I fixed the test (and translated it to bash), and also fixed
  the bug by making darcs rename the pending file as soon as it notices
  it is broken.  This may not be the most robust solution (it might be
  better to just exit with failure), but it is much better than
  corrupting the recorded state.

63: Mon Sep  1 09:57:17 EDT 2008  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * resolve issue1049: undo lazy patch bundle scanning.

69: Mon Sep  1 09:46:31 EDT 2008  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * resolve issue844: darcs doesn't guarantee always to compress patches.

72: Sun Aug 31 16:07:51 EDT 2008  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * don't show ssh stderr output unless we're passed --debug.
  Also fix the incorrect comment that often incorrectly declares that the
  server is running an older version of darcs.

73: Sat Aug 30 15:50:51 EDT 2008  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * fix bug in --list-options (tab completion).

74: Sat Aug 30 13:47:22 EDT 2008  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * fix bug in makeRelative.

83: Thu Aug 28 12:27:07 EDT 2008  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
  * fix recent bug in --list-options.