[darcs-users] darcs patch: Move network related options to network_... (and 2 more)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Tue Sep 9 11:33:46 UTC 2008

So previously, we said

   Eric only considers code comments, documentation and test suite
   modifications to be obvious

I think this sort of change is something I'm willing to consider obvious
and start fast-tracking as well.  Objections?

On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 23:41:05 -0700, Dmitry Kurochkin wrote:
> Tue Sep  9 10:24:29 MSD 2008  Dmitry Kurochkin <dmitry.kurochkin at gmail.com>
>   * Move network related options to network_options.
>
> Tue Sep  9 10:28:24 MSD 2008  Dmitry Kurochkin <dmitry.kurochkin at gmail.com>
>   * Space in Darcs.Arguments module.
>
> Tue Sep  9 10:37:43 MSD 2008  Dmitry Kurochkin <dmitry.kurochkin at gmail.com>
>   * Documentation for -[-no]-http-pipelining options.

Move network related options to network_options.
This looks good to me

> -ssh_cm = DarcsMultipleChoiceOption
> -         [DarcsNoArgOption [] ["no-ssh-cm"] NoSSHControlMaster
> -                  "don't use SSH ControlMaster feature [DEFAULT]",
> -          DarcsNoArgOption [] ["ssh-cm"] SSHControlMaster
> -                  "use SSH ControlMaster feature"]
> +network_options :: [DarcsOption]
> +network_options =
> +    [DarcsMultipleChoiceOption
> +     [DarcsNoArgOption [] ["ssh-cm"] SSHControlMaster
> +                           "use SSH ControlMaster feature",
> +      DarcsNoArgOption [] ["no-ssh-cm"] NoSSHControlMaster
> +                           "don't use SSH ControlMaster feature [DEFAULT]"],
> +     DarcsMultipleChoiceOption
> +     [DarcsNoArgOption [] ["http-pipelining"] HTTPPipelining "enable HTTP pipelining",
> +      DarcsNoArgOption [] ["no-http-pipelining"] NoHTTPPipelining "disable HTTP pipelining"]]

I would tack [DEFAULT] on one of these (or maybe that would be too messy
in the code since we have a different default depending on the libcurl
version)

A sort of random note: do lazy repositories mean that we have to let
pretty every darcs command (e.g. apply, check) have networking options?
I recall having an apply hang on me once until I hacked up darcs apply
to accept --disable-pipelining (now --no-http-pipelining)

Space in Darcs.Arguments module.
--------------------------------
Kills a trailing whitespace, yay.

Documentation for -[-no]-http-pipelining options.
> +When compiled with libwww or curl (version 7.18.0 and above), darcs can
> +use HTTP pipelining. It is enabled by default for libwww and curl
> +(version 7.19.1 and above). This option will make darcs enable or
> +disable HTTP pipelining, overwriting default. Note that if HTTP
> +pipelining is really used depends on the server.

Maybe: Note that pipelining is not supported by HTTP servers.  An easy
way to check is... (well easy meaning something that you could fit into
one sentence, maybe there is no easy way)

Thanks!

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9