[darcs-users] darcs patch: fix bug in file path handling. (and 2 more)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Sep 10 13:00:21 UTC 2008

Thanks!

> Since we cleanup paths in some places, we should store clean and
> unclean paths in different types so that the type system can tell us
> which is expected where.

I think FileName and the various RepoPath types correspond to CleanPath
whereas and FilePath corresponds to RawPath.

Did you mean something else?

> We could go a step further and manipulate paths as lists that we join
> back together with the proper separator when it's time to use the
> path.

This is John Meachem's idea, I think, which I have bounced to this list.
He even sent some code.

> What does (/-) do?

See my review [ which could be wrong, of course ;-) ]

> More haddocks would be nice too.

Yes! Especially for this module, where examples tell you a lot of what
you need to know.

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9