[darcs-users] darcs patch: Spaces and punctuation in upload.cgi. (and 1 more)

Dmitry Kurochkin dmitry.kurochkin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 23:32:08 UTC 2008

Hi.

Here are patches for upload.cgi to support patch checking and sending with
sendmail. It has a set of parameters like sendmail command, test repo, test
command. At the moment all parameters are hardcoded in the script.

For darcs to send patches through POST there should be a 'post' file in prefs.
That file can contain http URLs and mailto: addresses. At the moment if post
file exists emails file is not read. So this 'mailto:' functionality seems
like replacing email file to me. I think we should remove it. In this case
email file contains emails and post file contains URLs.

Another issue is that darcs always sends patches through both email and
POST. I think we should try POST first and send through email only if it fails.
Or we can use 'mailto:' lines from post file to form To: header for POSTed
email, and email file for addresses we really send mail to directly.

I am not a good Perl coder, so it would be nice if someone reviews the changes.

Regards,
  Dmitry

Sat Sep 13 03:08:27 MSD 2008  Dmitry Kurochkin <dmitry.kurochkin at gmail.com>
  * Spaces and punctuation in upload.cgi.

Sat Sep 13 03:09:53 MSD 2008  Dmitry Kurochkin <dmitry.kurochkin at gmail.com>
  * Improve upload.cgi.
  - check if patch is valid before sending
  - use sendmail to send patches or drop to maildir