[darcs-users] darcs patch: Refactor copyInventory to not use identi... (and 1 more)

Dmitry Kurochkin dmitry.kurochkin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 21:12:16 UTC 2008

Hi all!

This is my attempt to  fixissue1039. The patches introduce a 'repo-id'
parameter that is created during init and stored in format file. During
get source repo id is copied to the local repo. During push/pull/send
we compare repo ids and ask for confirmation if they do not match.

There are two things I do not like about the patch:

- older darcs versions are not able to get repositories with 'repo-id'.
  Perhaps repo-id should be stored not in the format file.

- tests do not pass. I suppose it hangs on prompt input.
  How is this handled in other places?

Reviews, comments welcomed :)

Regards,
  Dmitry

Tue Sep 16 22:12:19 MSD 2008  Dmitry Kurochkin <dmitry.kurochkin at gmail.com>
  * Refactor copyInventory to not use identifyRepositoryFor.

Wed Sep 17 00:21:37 MSD 2008  Dmitry Kurochkin <dmitry.kurochkin at gmail.com>
  * Resolve issue1039: detect seemingly unrelated repositories.