[darcs-users] a practical question

Ben Franksen benjamin.franksen at bessy.de
Wed Sep 17 20:46:28 UTC 2008

I have a practical question about using darcs.

It often happens that I am looking for a patch in one branch of a project
that I maybe want to push into another branch. This could be a bug fix, for
instance. I know the patch in question affects a certain file, so I'd like
to do something like

  darcs pull --touches <filename>

and get asked only about patches that affect <filename> (and, transitively,
those that they depend on). Is there an option I am not aware of that makes
something like this possible, or is there a common usage idiom to achieve
what I want? I know that 'darcs whatsnew' and 'darcs changes' accept a
<filename> as argument (with the desired semantics) but I'd like it for
push/pull.

Thanks
Ben